Cynthia Carse Brown is a living example of how a combination of lifestyle, nutrition, and mindset changes can transform your life.
In 1997, Cynthia was labeled morbidly obese. A high-stress job, a hectic schedule, and three young children still in diapers, led to a life of emotional and compulsive eating. She had tried various diet fads, programs, and pills only to continue gaining more weight after each attempt.
At the end of 1999, Cynthia hit bottom. Tipping the scales at over 300 pounds, she was depressed, frustrated, and desperate. She was fed up and tired of simply existing. She wanted more out of life – for herself and her family.
Cynthia completed a 12 week food and exercise program and her life would never be the same.
This accomplishment fueled her passion to learn more about the science behind her success. She realized that it wasn’t diet alone, but the blending of fitness and motivation that helped propel her towards many more successes to come. Her transformation inspired others and she began delivering small workshops to share the information she had to help others accomplish their goals. She became a life coach in 2003 and continues to motivate and inspire everyone around her.
Cynthia is actively involved in the operations of Cynergy CrossFit and provides programming for Cynergy as well as individual clients. She has adapted programs for teens, youth sports teams, paraplegic and individuals with other disabilities. She continues to coach CrossFit group classes as well as provide life coaching for individuals and groups, develop trainers, and lead nutritional and goal-setting workshops. She organizes and hosts five annual events including the WOD 4 Paws fundraiser and the First Responders Challenge.
She has devoted her life to helping others achieve their own personal goals, and her extraordinary blend of knowledge, drive, and encouragement is an inspiration to everyone she meets.
You can contact Cynthia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certifications & Education
- CrossFit Level 1 & 2 Certified Trainer
- Adaptive Athlete Certified
- USA Weightlifting Certified
- Trained life coach through The Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- CrossFit Kettlebell Certified
- CrossFit Rowing Certified
- CrossFit Endurance Certified
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR Certified
- CTI Leadership Course
- Co-Founder and coach for a Youth Leadership Course
- Completed a mentorship program with Coach Michael FitzGerald of Optimum Performance Training
- Finished 3rd in the Northeast, 12th worldwide in the 2015 CrossFit Games Open, and 24th in the 2015 CrossFit Games Masters Qualifiers
- Finished 1st in the Northeast and 10th worldwide in the 2014 CrossFit Games Open Master’s Division 50-54, and qualified to participate in the 2014 Reebok CrossFit Games in Carson, CA.
- Finished 25th worldwide in the 2013 CrossFit Games Open Master’s Division 45-49
- Competed on the Cynergy CrossFit Team in the 2011 CrossFit Games Open; the team placed 29th place in the Open and finished the Northeast Regional event in 11th place